Age: 6 -7 years
Class size: 30
Start date: 5th July 2021
Age: 7 -8 years
Class size: 30
Start date: 5th July 2021
Curriculum and Details
The English Language play a significant role in education as it is known as the Universal Language. The English class’s aims at helping the students master the language by focusing on LSRW skills and strengthening, grammar and vocabulary. This will help ensure that while the basic skills are honed, the student will also acquire the social dimension of language learning
Language is a vital part of human connection. Language Power consists of two key components:
- An ability to speak and be understood
- An ability to listen and understand.
Individuals with strong language power possess the ability to communicate effectively in a social environment.
Mathematics helps the child to understand the world and provide an effective way of building mental discipline. Math encourages logical reasoning, critical thinking, creative thinking, abstract or spatial thinking, problem-solving ability, and even effective communication skills.
The structuring and organizing of EVS helps in gaining experiences for children to explore, understand and express their experiences, the transaction of EVS in the primary stage contributes to development of conceptual understanding, attitudes and values, skills and habits/practices
In the two years of lower primary, the knowledge gained in pre – schooling times will be further emphasized to bring about a strong immersion of knowledge for the cognitive development
Mentioned below are the milestones that will be achieved during the 2 years
- The child will acquire the skills of listening, speaking, reading, writing and thinking in an integrated manner.
- Child will develop interpersonal communication skills
- Child will attain basic proficiency like developing ability to express one’s thoughts orally and in writing in a meaningful way in English language.
- Child will be able to interpret/understand instructions and polite forms of expression & respond meaningfully both orally & in writing.
- Child will develop reference skills both printed & electronic mode.
- Child will acquire varied range of vocabulary; understand increased complexity of sentence structures both in reading and writing.
- Child will be able to express an awareness of social and environmental issues.
- Child will also be able to sing songs/rhymes with action.
- Child will learn to responds to comprehension questions related to stories and poems
- Child will Identify characters, and sequence of events in a story.
- Child will listen to English words, greetings, polite forms of expression, and responds in English/home language like ‘How are you?’, ‘I’m fine, thank you etc.
- Child will be able to use simple adjectives related to size, shape, colour, weight
- Child will work with numbers 1 to 99
- Child will classify objects into groups based on some physical attributes like shape and size
- Child will learn to compare numbers up to 99. For example tells whether number of girls or number of boys is more in the class.
- Child will be able to solve day to day problems related to addition & subtraction of numbers up to 99
- Child will be able to describes the physical features of various solids/shapes in her own language.
- Child will be able to estimate and measure short lengths using non uniform units like a finger, hand span, length of a forearm, footsteps, etc.
- Child will be able to observe, extend and create patterns of shapes and numbers.
- Child will use place value in writing and comparing two digit numbers, forms the greatest and smallest two digit numbers (with and without repetition of given digits).
- Child will describes basic 3D and 2D shapes with their observable characteristics – identifies basic 3D-shapes such as cuboid, cylinder and cone
EVS (General Awareness)
- Child will acquire awareness about immediate/wider surroundings through lived experiences on various themes related to daily life for example Family, Plants, Animals, Food, Water, Travel, and Shelter etc.
- Child will learn to nurture natural curiosity and creativity for the immediate surroundings.
- Child will develop various processes/skills e.g. observation, discussion, explanation, experimentation, logical reasoning, through interaction with immediate surroundings.
- Child will also develop sensitivity for the natural, physical and human resources in the immediate environment.
- Child will be able to point out/ raise issues related to equality, justice and respect for human dignity and rights.