Faculty Development Program
Life as a teacher begins the day you realize that you are always a learner
Teachers are the backbone of any educational Institute for Quality Assurance in professional Education. One of the undoubted strengths of the Institute is the skill and knowledge of staff and institutes encourage them to develop both professional and personal skills as well as knowledge appropriate to their role. There is a strong link between the continuing development of the institute’s staff and the development of the institution.
Faculty Development Program prepares the Teaching Staffs the essential skills to transfer knowledge to adult learners in a way that is educational, interesting and interactive. Participants will learn how to determine the needs of an audience, improve classroom charisma, handle hecklers, use activities effectively, and much more. FDP help participants gain skills that will enhance their performance as faculty members. The program offer a wide range of opportunities for faculty to increase their teaching effectiveness, expand their skills, identify strength and weakness, and become better administrators. Faculties who take part in FDP will take away new ideas.
Faculty development is the process of providing professional development training and coaching to faculty members to help them improve their work performance, particularly in specific areas such as teaching and research.
The program focuses on enhancing functional area expertise improving one’s classroom delivery both as a teacher and trainer enhancing abilities for conducting meaningful teaching
Objectives of FDP
- Learn to manage nervousness, handle disruptive behaviour, coach and provide feedback to others and how & when to use visual aids
- Self-discipline and creating PMA (Positive Mental Attitude)
- Knowing Interpersonal relationship
- Understanding the change management
- Commitment towards their work
- Identify “best” and “worst” training/teaching practices
- Demonstrate the four communication modes, skills for engaging others and practice using these skills
- Identify teaching strengths and weaknesses
- Motivation to excel in teaching and
- Extra academic activities and Generate integrity and belongingness
Benefits and Outcomes
The teachers will learn how to impart learning in advance teaching techniques
Teachers will be able to enhance functional area expertise of the students
Connect learning with effective class room teaching
Leverage pedagogical skills for analysis and development
Improve ability of faculty to drive student performance
Facilitate professional development and self- advocacy